This is the 8th installment in a series of 10 named “10 Simple Steps To Make Good Habits More Delicious” sponsored by the Sport, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutrition practice group and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter.
Want the secret to eating right on a regular basis? It’s really no secret. In 2010, the USDA introduced MyPlate. MyPlate is an easy visual for meal planning for eating right and even weight loss. Here is what it looks like:
Let me break this picture down for you. The plate is cut into fourths.
- 1/4 should be non starchy vegetables: broccoli, carrots, kale, asparagus, etc.
- 1/4 should be fruits: apples, bananas, pears, strawberries, etc.
- 1/4 should be lean protein: eggs, chicken, turkey, beans, etc.
- 1/4 should be a whole grain: pasta, rice, wheat bread, quinoa, etc.
- Add dairy to your plate as either milk, cheese, or yogurt.
Want some recipes for east MyPlate meals? Check out these sites:
As Always, Trust Your Gut!