Recently, I ordered a promotional handout from one of my Dietetic Practice Groups SCAN (Sport, Cardiovascular, & Wellness, Nutrition). This pamphlet has a lot of great information and recipes with 10 realistic and sustainable changes you can make to drop weight, improve performance, or just be healthier. For the next 10 posts, I will outline these steps in more detail. Here is a sneak peak of what’s to come:
1. Size Your Servings Right
2. Switch out the Saturated Fats
3. Make Half Your Plates Fruits and Vegetables
4. Eat Less Salt
5. Watch out for Solid Fats and Added Sugar
6. Go Lean with Protein
7. Make Half Your Grains Whole
8. Make Healthy Plates with MyPlate
9. Be Food Safe
10. Move More!
Shout out to SCAN DPG, Country Crock, and I Can’t Believe It’s not Butter for creating this neat little handout.
As Always, Trust Your Gut!